You may have been a part of or heard about the efforts our community is making to retain students. For those of you who have been actively engaged in retention – thank you. For those wondering what role you can play, this site has been launched to share resources we believe will help faculty actively engage in retention practices. This so called “Faculty Toolbox” is a collection of resources, tools, behaviors, and ideas that support the retention of students at WSU. The big idea in the program is that we want to provide a steady stream of information that will guide students towards behaviors that will help them succeed.
Additionally, we are providing Information such as retention data specific to the university and your college, so you can see how we are doing as a university (and in your college).
We are asking everyone to make some small changes to what you are currently doing to help us retain students. All of these resources are intended to help increase enrollment. If we work together we can move the needle.
In the following pages you’ll find a theme for each week to use at the beginning of each of your classes. (Weeks 9-16 will be available soon)
16 Week Course
- Faculty Toolbox fall 20 week of 8-17 (connections)
- Faculty Toolbox fall 20 week of 8-24 (how to succeed in my course)
- Faculty Toolbox fall 20 week of 8-31 (stress management week three)
- Faculty Toolbox fall 20 week of 9-8 (time management)
- Faculty Toolbox fall 20 week of 9-14 (study skills and midterm prep)
- Faculty Toolbox fall 20 week of 9-21 (office hours and faculty)
- Faculty Toolbox fall 20 week of 9-28 (stress management)
- Faculty Toolbox fall 20 week of 10-5 (academic success help)
Top 10 Tips
- WSU Resources Fall17 UPDATE
- University Retention Data
- College retention data
- The Art and Science of Making Referrals
- WSU Useful Resources
- Student Early Alert System (SEAS)
- High Performance Computing (BeoShock)