This first one has one too many fancy scripts. although I understand the point of making it look good, it takes away from the point with the many fonts. I then noticed on our wsu website how unorganizaed things look again because of all the fonts and random placements. I took a photo of my car dashboard (parked of course) because I realized each component was different. When looking at a glance, this would be distracting to getting that information. The following photo I took of the laundry matt across campus. There is nothing flattering about this piece enticing me to stop. Even as you are driving by the fancy script is hard to see. Lastly, the chap stick, the alignment and placement of all the information seems very chaotic and takes away from the important information. Many fonts used here as well.
- Lambda Pi Eta Email Invite: Centered everything, making the invitation not as appealing to look at.
- Super Smash Bros Invite: Stairstepping, the info is not neatly arranged to try to fill up the space.
- Dominos Rewards Ad: Corners and clutter, Dominos tried to fill up the whole ad with text, instead of just focusing on what is important.
- Cowboy Chicken Coupon:Tacky Type Emphasis, the use of all caps on this coupon makes it look tacky and not professional.
- Sigma Psi Zeta Ad: Bulky Border, though this is my favorite of the five layouts, I think that this ad would be even better if the background photo making the frame for the box of text was thinner.