Quiz 1: Intro to Visual Communication and Photography
25 points (mix of multiple choice, fill in the blank and short answer)
What is visual communication?
- Why do we study it?
- Why is it important?
- What are the different purposes of visual communication?
- What is collective memory theory and how is it related to visual communication?
Introduction to Photography
- Composition concepts and techniques (lecture notes & review video)
- Tips for taking good photos in general (lecture)
- Tips for taking better photos with you phones (lecture)
Ethics & photography in communication fields.
- Lecture (we had a lot of good discussion about ethical situations)
- Be able to list a few ethical decisions about photos you might have to make.
- Be able to describe why there are different guidelines in journalism, PR & advertising
- Look up and read the NPPA code of ethics
- Read through the tutorials
- Be able to identify the tools used in the Photoshop tutorials / class demonstrations
- Know the quick keys for: undo, copy, paste, deselect